Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I hear Christmas music!

Do you hear Christmas music???
When I saw these Christmas images from Sweet Pea plate#12 with the music in the background, I knew my Cuttlebug 'Allegro' embossing folder would be the perfect compliment. For all 4 cards I ran a piece of Core'dinations cardstock through the Cuttlebug and sanded the paper to reveal the core. For those of you who haven't heard or seen the Core'dinations paper yet, it looks like a double sided cardstock, but when you sand the 'uncolored' side then the color from the reverse side (core) of the paper shows through.
The Core'dinations pieces I used for the 2 cards above were whitewash (uncolored) on one side and a sort of light peach and beige on the reverse side. I began with black cards for both cards, punching decorative photo corners for the card on the left, and a decorative corner punch on the embossed piece for the card on the right.
For the card on the left I stamped the holly image onto light pink cardstock with VersaMark and heat embossed with black detail embossing powder. I centered the piece onto the Cuttlebug embossed piece and then slipped it into the the punched corners of the black card.
For the card on the right, I stamped the holly image onto a small piece of gold cardstock, trimmed it, and edged the piece with a black marker. I attached the gold piece to the Cuttlebug embossed piece and then onto the center of the black card. The card needed something more so I applied some gold peel-off stickers to the top and bottom edges.

The Core'dinations pieces I used for these 2 were black (uncolored) on one side and then blue, and the other pink, on the reverse side.
I used a decorative photo corner punch on each of the cards and trimmed the embossed piece to fit within those corners. I stamped each image using black ink, the angel onto a small piece of light blue cardstock and the holly onto a small piece of burgundy cardstock. The smaller size of these images allowed me to use up some of my scraps I had been saving. I mounted the angel onto the same blue cardstock that was used for the card and then attached on an angle to the middle of the card. I ran a gold Krylon pen along the edges of the maroon card that the holly was stamped on before attaching to the center of that card.
Christmas will be here before we know it!!! Better get going on those Christmas cards!
Chrissy

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for being my 100th blogger and your write that should count for something. I am going to have to visit your site again after Thanksgiving and figure out your work. It looks very pretty.
    I don't know if you noticed on my site the Temptation Monday's that I have started for bloggers to sell their things. If interested just leave me an email sometime early Sunday so I can have the post on Monday morning.
    Thanks
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete