Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Fairy

Hi everyone! As busy as it is for me and everyone else right now, I took some time Sunday morning to color this beautiful Christmas Fairy from Seasons of Fantasy -Plate 23.



She is stamped on Neenah Classic Crest card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with Copics. I used papers from Magic of the Season paper pack from Hobby Lobby which I die cut with my Nesties (Labels 9, Labels 8 and Labels 1). I found my Snowflake Brads (Make It Possible - Hobby Lobby) which I colored red with my Copic marker. While digging through my 'Christmas' stash I also found a sheet of Christmas Words and Phrases stickers from Making Memories, using the 'Christmas' sentiment sticker.

I will have to tell you that I had a really hard time using the papers from the paper pack, I really tend to lean towards a simple, minimal look. However, with my craft supplies back in the new craft room in no order, I went with what I was able to easily find, thereby stepping outside of my comfort zone. Because I wanted to focus on the beautiful fairy, I did NOT blend the stark white in with the off white in the paper. What do you think? Think it works?

Make sure to check out the Sweet Pea Stamps store, Lynette has some awesome (and I mean AWESOME) sales going on right now. If you haven't stopped by the store you are going to LOVE the new ©ching-chou kuik's Fantasy Art Collection, sheet 6. I can't get enough of them. Absolutely love them. Make sure to check back here each day to see the rest of the design teams amazing creations.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love how you put this together Micki. You managed so many elements in tune so nicely!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card Micki, love the colors and the coloring, jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Micki! I love the festive Colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! The bright/deep colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring Micki! Love all the snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your layering. I often have problems too with adding in printed papers. I think you did it very well. I am going to work on that aspect of my design.

    ReplyDelete