Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lilac Christmas


Today I've been playing with the amazing new stamp called Winterberry from plate 20. I woke up today with a craving - there's no better word for it - to craft! I have a huge DT package with stamps that are hinting to me to be inked so who am I to refuse?


I only coloured the left part of the image. I think these stamps are so beautiful that they don't need much colour. I like that you can see how the image looks before colouring. It's stunning even then!
I coloured using my Promarkers and added shimmer using a white Twinkling H2O on the snowflakes and tail. I punched out snowflakes in different shapes and cardstock.



Colour: promarkers blossom, pastel blue, ice grey 1 and 3, ivory and silver, white twinkling h2o.
Paper: art blanché from EK success, bazzil bling
Tools: spellbinders shapeabilities create a flake 1


post signature

7 comments:

  1. very pretty, love the colors, jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katarina, I love this card, it is so unique how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! What a great idea to color it half way, super neat effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a great idea, I just LOVE the result !!!
    Hugs,
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are absolutely right. These stamps are beautiful and don't need any color, but I love how this looks & feels (coloring only half the image). Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Very creative and cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! You are so right about them being gorgeous even without any color, but I so love the fun of coloring them!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete