Sunday, February 28, 2010

Follow your Dreams

Hi Everyone,

For my card today, I used ©ching-chou kuik's Love is Gone. I also tried to step outside my comfort zone using several embellishments and lots of layers.


After coloring the image with Copics, I use my Copic Atyou Spica Glitter pens to add some sparkle. I also used Dimensional Glaze on the sun in the upper left hand corner. After assembling the layers, I stamped out the sentiment from Verticals Plate 4 but because it was a bit too long, I just cut the individual words apart, used Distress Ink to blend the edges, then layered them onto card stock and stacked them to make them fit :-).

I found some K&Co. Winter Wonderland Paper Pack & Die-Cut papers in the clearance aisle at Jo-Anns which worked great with the color theme. Just because it says Winter or Christmas, doesn't mean I can't use them for other seasons, right? The flower is from Prima and the butterfly embellishment is from Accent Factory.

Here is a close up, hopefully you'll be able to see the glitter:


I definitely have to work on adding bling & embellishments, to get comfortable with that. Thanks for stopping by and be sure to swing by Sweet Pea Stamps, especially if you haven't seen the latest release.... you're going to love it!

13 comments:

  1. oh my goshhh those stamps that you have here are aweeeeesome !! love love love them !!
    going to pop in to order NOW !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning! Fantastic coloring and layout and I love all the sparkle!
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have gone all out with this one Micki. I love it!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Micki, very beautiful. I love the sun and all the sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just so pretty! I love how you MADE the sentiment fit... What a wonderful idea...

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Micki this is just gorgeous,the layers,sparkle and the colours are fab.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Micki, this is just beautiful!! Love all the layering and the sparkle!! It's always good to go outside your comfort zone!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow another absolutely stunning card, loving it, these images always produce stunning works of art! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! Love all that sparkle and shine! This is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Micki love the sparkly hair and what you have done with the sun the whole card is just stunning.
    luv Teresaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Micki!! Love all the bling and shimmer! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to use that sentiment. Never would've thought of cutting it up like that.

    ReplyDelete