Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sweet Pea Index Booklet


















Today I want to show you a little booklet I made to keep track of which Sweet Pea stamps I have. I keep my rubber in a zip-lock bag and it's hard to see which stamp is which and how it looks stamped. To avoid this problem I have stamped all stamps I have on slightly heavier paper than I normally use. Then I used a nestie shape to cut them all out and made a hole in every corner to fit a ring.



















I also cut out a bit of heavy cardboard (like the one on the back of a notepad) to make a front. I then painted the back with white and pink paint and glued on a piece of  pretty paper on the front.  Finally I cut out letters, added a flower and added some dimensional glaze on the green/yellow bird in the top left corner.

 
On the back of each image I have written the name of the stamp and which plate it belongs to. Then I sorted them chronologically with the oldest sheet in the back and newest in the front.
 
This project is fabulous to bring on a vacation or if you just feel like colouring but don't want to make any cards. I always colour my images to match patterned paper so it's hard to bring images to colour on vacations (unless I want to bring tiny pieces of  patterned paper as well, which makes it too big of a hassle)

I hope you've enjoyed this project and gotten some ideas of how you can store and view your Sweet Pea stamps!


13 comments:

  1. I love this Katarina, what a neat idea, so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo much better than my zip lock bag method Katarina!
    I really like your organization and may need to CASE it!
    Oh and your booklet isn't bad either...LOL
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is an awesome idea. I'm going to have to case it!!!!!! :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really good idea because how many times do we say I am sure I had a ?
    Luv Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea!! I should do something like this with my stamps too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katarina, fantastic idea, thanks for sharing, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a much more stunning indexing idea than I use! Just plain FUN and so pretty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!!! katarina this is Fab i must make one for my stamps.Thankyou for sharing this with us.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you all liked it girls. I'm so glad I started this before I got my last DT package, lol. You better start soon too or you'll never catch up with Lynette being so generous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katarina, this is a fantastic idea! So pretty, too! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cool idea!!! I ahve started something similar just haven't finished it yet!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE this idea. Its perfect especially when I go to the hospital to have my baby in January. Something to do...

    ReplyDelete