Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nostalgia

These beautiful stamps come from ching-chou kuik's fantasy art plate #30. I love the wispy look of this woman and I cut the image of the lady out of the main stamp to highlight her, as well as the background circle. I raised the image and mounted it on a dark black background.
I used several colors of Copic markers to color the image and Colorbox Chalk ink to add color around the text image after it was stamped. Flowers from Prima were added to the card along with brads from Basic Grey. I love the use of Yellow and Green in the springtime.

11 comments:

  1. Holley,
    Your colors are absolutely beautiful! It does look like spring to me to! Hey you used chalk one of my favorites!!!
    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning this is one of my favorites, I love the way you have mounted her onto black card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the way you did this Holley!! It really sets her off.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Holley! This card is perfect, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Absolutely beautiful. This stamps i have to say is my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holley, this is such a beautiful card! I love how you took the image out of it's square and put it on the black background! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holley, She is sooooo gorgeous! Love how you cut her out to really highlight the image! Love your coloring & those black Prima flowers! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Holley. Love the flowers and yes, that yellow & green looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty Holley, love all the elements and how you pulled them together

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holley, this is beautiful!! Love that you cut the image out!! Love the colors!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Holley! That yellow is so warm and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete