Saturday, May 29, 2010

Connie-It'za Beach!


I was "revisiting" some of the original Sweet Pea images and came across one of 
my favorites from Plate #5 which I have labeled
"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!"
You can check this great plate of stamps out
HERE

My card is a simple, just-plain FUN card as you can see.
I began with a yellow base and cut some blue Bazzill Basics with specialty scissors to imitate waves.
I layered some sandpaper at the bottom for my "beach" cut with another specialty scissors.
Then I cut a wavy strip of  brown paper scrap for my palm tree and added some tropical leaf brads.
I think I got the palm tree a little on the small side but hope you see the {big picture} here?
I stamped the Beach Girl and colored her with Copic markers and being the
lazy stamper that I am, I did not cut her out fully, but rather left her on a white background.
I justified this to myself by thinking she would stand out more on white than cut out.....not sure
if that flies, but it sounded good to me at the time.
I stamped the verse that comes with this plate in the upper right corner with 
Tuxedo black by Memento.
I love the perky lines of this Sweet Pea image and there are more girls on the
same plate as well!
Connie

8 comments:

  1. so different from what we are used to seeing! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, this is great, you did a fantastic job on this

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute - makes me ready for the summer...almost ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, this is wonderful!! The image is so cute and great for summer!! Love the way you created the background with the different DP's!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect for summer and I really love the way you used the sandpaper, perfect for a beach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so fun! I love the fun beach scene. Too cute!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun summer-y card! Great for Memorial Day weekend theme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very cool scene you have created! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete