Thursday, July 29, 2010

Angel Domino Ornament

I have been trying to create little gems to hang on the tree rather than having all commercial ornaments. This is one of the things I have come up with. It uses the small angel image from Plate 17.


To work with a domino I suggest sanding it down, removing the shininess. I then added a touch of gold by smearing a Brillance Gold ink pad on the surface and allowing it dry. Next I stamped the angel image with black StazOn. Once it was dry, I colored some of the areas in with a gold colored pencil. Then I  placed a small square piece of paper over the stamped angel image to protect it. I then stamped the Corinthians passage on the exposed areas.

After all the stamping had dried, I sealed the front with Judikins Diamond Glaze and allowed to dry for a couple days. I run a piece of piece of Terrifically Tacky Tape around the edges and dipped it into some dark green ultra thick EP, heated that up and added a bead to the top with Amazing Goop.

Too early to think about Christmas?? Never, I am already halfway finished with my shopping! ttfn.

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty ornament. Bet that your tree is going to be gorgeous! As for having 1/2 of your Christmas shopping done before August ~ well I'm not even going there!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea Jennifer! You can come decorate my tree anytime.
    You chose the perfect image for this IMO
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is so stunning a real unique tree ornament. I use polymer clay or air drying clay to make tree ornaments. Polymer is great as you can stamp onto white before/after baking and then colour with copics or promarkers. I may do some ching chou kuik Sweet Pea ones this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer I love this and so creative!! I love the way it turned out and it could also be a necklace!! I can't even think about Christmas shopping.. I just started school shopping for my 3 kids and they start back on Monday!! So my weekend will be spent going in and out of stores, trying on clothes.. the kids fighting
    on what their getting or fighting with eachother!! So I don't even want to think about Christmas shopping..at least not yet!!LOL!!
    Can't wait to see what you create next!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer this turned out soooo pretty. I agree with Angela, it would make a great necklace. You are so talented with stamped gifts. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my GOSH!!!! This idea is amazing!!!! I may have to CASE this one. What wonderful and unique gifts these would make!!! Truly ingenious!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice idea. I can think of lots of women who would appreciate this lovely stamped gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! This is amazing! I love when you share different items!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very cool! Would also make a beautiful piece of jewelry! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you all for your kind words, jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete