Monday, August 30, 2010

The Most Beautiful View...


Today I want to share with you one of the newer releases from Sweet Pea Stamps. It is called ching chou kuik's "The Dragonfly." It is actually a round stamp and the sentiment is also included.She is only offered as a single stamp.  I think she is exquisite...


I colored her with copics and then cut her circle out.  I also cut a framed circle out of chip board and wrapped it in satin pink ribbon. I then made a triple bow on my bow easy. I cut a yellow doily in half that my friend Randi had given me and glued it to the back of my frame. Some stickles on my dragonflies and on her magnificent Kimono and glossy accents on her eyes finished the image. The sentiment was as I said a part of the package when you purchased the image.  All that was left was to add my Prima flowers with a gem stone center.  I kept my base black to pull the accent from her dress and hair.  What do you think? Did it work? 


"Life's Beauty Inspires Me To Kreate"

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kym! It is so beautiful. I love how you added the lace and the wrapped frame.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kym this turned out sooooo beautiful. The lace with the black background is so elegant looking. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an amazing creation !!! I love the black background with the bright colors !!!
    Big Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the inspiration - i was just wondering how to use her

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kym, this is so stunning. I love the black background and the way the image and the embellishments just jump off this card!! I love the ribbon frame you created!! Wonderful work Kym!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just gorgeous! I have this stamp and I made a card with it recently and I love it and I think it is exquisite too! You did a gorgeous job... it should be framed and on a wall... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kym, she's beautiful. I love the black which really brings out the other colors and makes her stand out. Absolutely gorgeous.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think she is exquisite, too and so is your card! Totally breathtaking! :-T)raci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Your layout is wonderful and your highlights make the stamp look even more stunning. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kym this is stunning! I love how you colored her! Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning, Kym, truly gorgeous!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous artwork, I love her - your coloring is awesome

    ReplyDelete