Monday, September 27, 2010

A Couple of Halloween Witches

Today I have made cards with two new Elaine Cox images called Twilight Halloween and Starry Halloween! They are so beautiful to me and I could not wait until they arrived in my mail box! Just so you know, they are a little bigger than most of the Sweet Pea images. For reference, my cards are 6.25 x 4.5 inches.

The first one is Twilight Halloween and I have colored it in black and white (with Copic Markers) and then added some sparkle with a Clear Stardust Sakura gel pen.

The Details:
Stamp: Elaine Cox's Twilight Halloween from Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: The Paper Company (Black Glitter), Creative Imaginations (Red), and White card stock (Papertrey Ink)Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: C0,C1,C3,C5,C7,C9,100
Misc: Sakura Clear Stardust pen, Corner Punch (SU), Ribbon (Offray)


For Starry Halloween I decided to make the witch green and tried to match her to my paper. She is also colored with Copics, but I did use Twinkling H2O watercolors on the moon to make it shimmer and a little Clear Stardust Sakura gel pen on the twinkling stars!

The Details:
Stamp: Elaine Cox's Starry Halloween from Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: We R Memory Keepers, Garden Green card stock (SU) Black and White card stock (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Skin: G20,G21,G24 all w YG11 over it
Hair: G24,YG67,G29
Clothes: C3,C5,C7,C9,V04,V15,V17,B91,B93,B95
Background: B91,B93,B95,B97,E25,E27,E29,G20,G21,G24
Misc: Sakura Clear Stardust pen, Martha Stewart Edge Punch, Recollections Gems, Twinkling H2O Watercolors

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I'm totally speachless !!! Both are just stunning !!! I love them so much Traci !!!
    Big Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci, you know how much I love the black and white one and them I see one in color!!! OMGosh girl you so rocked bothe of these images!! STUNNING Traci!!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both incredible! You started with such awesome images, and turned them into incredible pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards! your coloring is awesome, love that green witch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci... you just take my breath away!!! Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traci, these are both remarkable, I am really impressed with them both. I love the black and white one but love the flesh tone of the other. You are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great cards you made and what lovely new stamps from Elaine Cox!! I really love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are out of this world. The black and white looks as if it is a picture!!! Fantastic!! I love the green skin on your witch. Way to change things up a bit!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both of them Traci but that green witch has to be my fave! The b/w is classic but that green witch says it all.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work! I have these 2 stamps but I have not had a go at colouring them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhh love it. I so am going to have to try casing the green witch..... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Traci. I am in love with the black and white. With just a hint of red on the card and the beautiful ribbon, a little glitter. Ahhh, that's a combo that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both beautiful! I used black and white on these images as well, they are so perfectly suited for it! I LOVE the use of the sparkle paper with the first one. What a GREAT way to really set everything off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow these are so cool! I love how you colored them...gray scale one is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, WOW - these are really stunning. My fav is the black and grey, what a fab colouring. Or maybe the other one - I never would've thought to colour her green. Or the first...

    ReplyDelete