Saturday, October 30, 2010

Butterfly Hearts


Hi Sweet Pea Stampers, Micki here.
With all the gorgeous new stamps Sweet Pea Stamps has been releasing, sometimes I tend to forget about the beautiful older stamps in my arsenal. Plate #27 is a wonderful set of stamps that lend themselves to just about any theme or sentiment.
So for my card today, I played with my Sizzix Movers & Shakers die to create a window card which I thought would highlight the small Butterfly Heart from Plate #27 perfectly.



I'm ashamed to say that I"ve had this die for two years now and this is the first time I've used it. I did have a little trouble making sure the inside panel with the butterfly hearts lined up right, but then had a 'lightbulb' moment and used a plastic report cover (die cut) as a template.



I used the sentiment 'Amore' that comes on Plate #27 paired with a metal heart from my stash.
To add just a little pop of color, I used red embroidery floss on the metal heart.

Here's another look at the card.
Gotta love this awesome plate. So versatile oh and also perfect for technique backgrounds. Hm..... I think I'm off to play some more.

9 comments:

  1. beautiful card, this is one of my favorite images and you feature it wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ideas Micki! Looks like that die was made for that SP stamp.
    You managed to take a small image and make it into a delightful card. Good job!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is wonderful Micki! You did a fantastic job on this, it would make a perfect anniversary card. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Micki!! It looks so simple yet elegant at the same time!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card Micki. Love the two colors and so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful CAS card, Micki! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Love the elegance of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really sweet. Would be wonderful as weddinginvites.

    ReplyDelete