Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Connie-Meredith Dillman Peacock Fairy


Today my card is by Sweet Pea Stamps artist Meredith Dillman, plate #76
and you will find her delightful art made into 
deeply etched red rubber by clicking
I made the custom frame by running 2 different
sizes of Spellbinders dies from
their "Labels 9" set through the
Cuttlebug at the same time.  I cut them and then embossed them together.
I popped up the frame for dimension and
sponged some powdered shimmery chalk
by Stamp N Plus "Stardust" around the image after
I colored with Copic markers.
I added a rose by Prima "Fairytale Rose" and
a pearl swirl (unknown).
A small dp strip across the center got a little lost in the 
riot of pattern but it is there.
Please excuse my coloring today.  I couldn't seem
to hold the marker still enough to stay in the lines.....
I've had a death in my family so I am
slightly shaky.

Thanks for looking.
Connie

10 comments:

  1. this card is lovely and your coloring is just lovely!I am so sorry to hear about your loss... hugs to you!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss Connie. My heart goes out to you.
    Your card is gorgeous and I love the frame you created for her.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is lovely, Connie! My heart goes out to you. Big hugs, Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry for your loss, your card is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Connie, (cyber hugs) your coloring is perfect. I love the monotone coloring and LOVE your die cutting technique. I have major issues whenever I try something 'out of the ordinary' and blame the machine although I know it's 'user error', lol.

    Beautiful card and am so sorry for your loss. Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie, she turned out beautiful, I love her in this color. Your papers are perfect. I have you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My condolensces to you and your family. Thanks so much for sharing this pretty in pink card today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is just so inviting!!! A delightful card!!! You and your family are in my thoughts!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful all done on pink and in pink. What a great idea!

    I am so sorry Connie to hear you are sad. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how she is coloured - like she's a part of the background. Very fairy-like :)

    ReplyDelete