Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lasting Charm and Light the Stars

Today I have some cards to share with you.  I don't know about you but I have the hardest time decided with stamp I want to ink up and color first.  So as soon as I receive a package of Sweet Pea Stamps in the mail, I cut them all out add some Tack It Over and Over glue to the backs, let it dry and then I stamp 2 of each image out and they are ready to color when I want them.  But I still have a hard time deciding which one to color first so most of the time I start coloring the skin on all of them, since I don't have to pick colors out first and match papers and embellishments to them.  Does anyone else do this or do you just do one image at a time?
 For this first card I used one of ching-chou kuiks images called "Lasting Charm" , sheet 29 plate 97.  I wanted to color her up in some warm Fall colors and added a lot of different textures.  As green and brown are my favorite colors.



For this one I used Karen Middleton's "Light the Stars" sheet #5, Plate #116.  I think this little fairy is so sweet.  I used some Basic Grey DP.

  The roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
I am having so much fun with all my Sweet Pea Stamps.  Oh make sure you go and see what's on sale over at the store HERE and stock up on all  your favorites.
Thanks for stopping by today and thank you for all your sweet comments.


Angela

12 comments:

  1. Angela, absolutely love your cards. The coloring is gorgeous and so vibrant and I love all the embellishments.
    Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, these are both stunning. But Lasting Charm is out of this world! Your highlights and lowlights are always perfect! And I love that you added some Tinkering Ink embellies! I love those! Great work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such rich and vibrant coloring. Lovely work! The card on top (Lasting Charm) is stunning, the richness of the brown colors and the wonderful embellishments you added, amazing. Your cards are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are beautiful. I love purple and yellow together, but the fall colors, texture and layers are STUNNING! Great creating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela... these are just lovely! i adore the first card and the warmth of it... and the second card is just so soft and sweet... Love them both! great work/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are extremely beautiful Angela! Both cards are so stunning in design and colour, but I adore your light the stars card!! The purple and yellow are truly gorgeous together!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous cards! your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Angela, all the work you put into these cards, beautiful! I love everything about the first one and the second one is soooooo adorable, great work

    ReplyDelete
  9. as usual these are spectacular!

    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love what you've done with the backgrounds. The girls really "pop".

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are gorgeous both of them Angela. Your colouring as always eyecandy. I also think you have such a good idea for colour combination which is just great on both of your cards. Love them!
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOo these are both breathtaking but the background on the first one is particularly stunning! Gorgeous work !!!

    ReplyDelete