Monday, May 23, 2011

More ATCs

















I got so inspired by my last ATC that I decided to make some more. And I'm just warming up. This is a great way to try out new techniques as the area to work is so small (about 2.5x3.5") It's also a great way to use up anything small you might have: paperscraps, bling, punches etc.

I have stamped directly onto patterned paper as I love the sheer look it gives. It's perfectly fine to colour on although you might not get a brilliant shading (great for us that hasn't perfected our colouring skills)

For this pink/green I used one of Meredith Dillman's stamps from plate #94. She is actually holding an egg, but attaching a flower made the image more versatile. The word stamp is from ching chou kuik's sheet 7, plate 29. I kept it a bit distressed and added gold. Love that combination.

















For my other ATC I used Linda Bigg's "Bella's paradise" from plate 81. The patterned paper already had the black detail. All I had to do was stamp and colour. I love the underwater effect here. I also went a bit crazy with my glitterpen and added dimensional glaze on the black swirl to the right. Finally before mounting I punched a border and attached it to the right to even out the ATC layout.


13 comments:

  1. They are adorable! Mosly the second ATC is cute)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooow! Your atc's are beautiful.

    Hugs mariska

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ATC's are gorgeous, Katarina. I love your technique to stamp directly on patterned papers. This gives a special and amazing effect to the image.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both wonderful. I really like how you went landscape on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. neat ATCs, like how you stamped on the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katarina,I love how both of your ATC's turned out. I can't get over the effect and look you captured. GORGEOUS.

    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katarina, these are both adorable, but I LOVE the bella's paradise. You did an amazing job on both of these

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these are both amazing Katarina!! I love the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Kat! My fave is your second one, love how it seems she is underwater.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. wooow..THANK for the geat idea, stamping straight into the DP..hmmm!!:)
    Incredibly beautiful cards Katarina, your added detail is stunning and I'm loving them! specially like the "under water effect"
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way they turned out, but esp love the first one. That image is just stunning and the coloring is wonderful for that image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both so pretty! You did a wonderful job on these...

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, that is awesome. I love that look, especially Bella. Now why didn't I think of that.... so going to try it.

    Both are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete