Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mermaid Nostalgia

Hi Everyone,

I decided to get a bit nostalgic and pulled out Plate #1 to color up one of the very first Sweet Pea Stamps mermaids. I know some might consider the mermaid a bit risque.

I certainly don't, however, I had some distress inked seam binding left over and decided add it.


All coloring was done with Copics, after I die cut the image, I used Distress Inks to darken the edges. The paper is Pool Water from Paper Pizazz and the gemstones are from Martha Stewart.

I left the card simple because I thought too many embellishments would take away from the image... ok, actually I was running behind and I was pleased with the way this oldie but goodie mermaid turned out :-).

Lots of new releases are at the Sweet Pea Stamps store, but don't forget to check out some of the older plates..... they are just as gorgeous, sassy and fun to color as all the other awesome stamps.

One more look at the finished card:


13 comments:

  1. Wow Micki! This is over-the-top gorgeous!! I love how you used the seam binding. It is the perfect touch.
    I agree most times there seems to be way too much placed onto cards so it is refreshing to see one allowing the art to take center stage!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micki- I LOVE the way this looks. The flowing of the binding and how you incorporated it all is BRILLIANT and GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, love how the binding is positioned and your coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Micki, gorgeous, I love the look of the water. This is simply stunning. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it´s simply wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is simply beautiful. I love, love, love what you did with the seam binding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Micki, this looks awesome. The water paper looks so real on your card and I love the seam binding and the way you used it to cover up her top..lol and the way it is flowing from her hand. AWESOME.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful work! I just love the water paper and how you incorporated the ribbon as the top and coming across her hand! the bling is just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so pretty Micki. The blues are just divine and I love the seam binding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful Micki. Love your card. The colours you used are gorgeous, and I also love what you made with the seam binding. Awesome!! The pearls are a perfect touch.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Micki. Love your card. The colours you used are gorgeous, and I also love what you made with the seam binding. Awesome!! The pearls are a perfect touch.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a wonderful job with this and i love how this looks like seaweed and how it is flowing behind her and tje colors are awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete