Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sharon - Sweet Card for that Special Lady in your Life


This card was created with a Mum, Sister, Aunt, Daughter, Niece - actually any special female in your life really!






Thought I'd colour the image and do a cream on cream card.  Tried colouring a background which started OK and then I went a bit mad and absolutely hated - so had the job of cutting out the image  - thought I'd leave a border around the image which would be easier to cut out - No - didn't like that either so had to go for the trickier cut - which I think turned out OK as my eyes aren't what they should be but haven't plucked up the courage to go to the Opticians.


Next I wanted to incorporate some dies using my cricut having just got it out of the cupboard after it had been on vacation practically all the time I've had it!  Managed to download Craftroom to plot out where I wanted the dies and the sizes.  Tick - this part went to plan.


Well I played around with bits and pieces for hours and did not come up with one layout I liked which is when I gave up and went for backing papers.  Again I played around with the layout not complete happy with outcome.  Eventually after many hours I settled on the above.


I love the quote which is said to be a quote from Sophia Loren.  I also added a note with a butterfly on as a personal message.



Techniques:
USED: MASKING TECHNIQUE - JOINING TWO IMAGES

Stamps:
 SWEETPEA - ©Conie Fong's Dozen Roses
SWEETPEA - ©Conie Fong's Bella
Papers used: My minds Eye - Antique dots




Medium:
Copics
Glaze pen for nose and eyes
White gel pen
Glitter - ribbon
Distressing ink pad


Papers:
As above and plain cream card stock


Dies used:
All cut using the Cricut

Embellishments:
Butterfly stickers
Pearl
Ribbon and bow
Flowers
Charm

Best wishes,

10 comments:

  1. Lovely work Sharon! If you had not told us all the trials with this creation I'd not have guessed.
    Ha! My Cricut sits gathering dust while I use the Vagabond for cutting....go figure.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is stunning,love those super cute image,s and just love the beautiful layout and embellishments,hugs Cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, it is wonderful! Love the fancy cutting and the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sharon,
    What color copics did you use on the bears? The coloring is fantastic. It reminds me of a teddy bear given to me by my grandma. I love the card like another person above commented we wouldn't have known you went through problems if you hadn't mentioned it. Your card is absolutely beautiful. I'd love to have even an eighth of your talent.
    Thanks,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work Sharon. I just love those teddy bears. That card is just amazing. I love the Conie Fong teddy bears. It makes me wanna go find a fluffy teddy to hug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pamela
    From memory I would say I used Copics
    E40 - 43 for the girl bear and E50-53 for the boys bear.
    Hope that helps.
    Many thanks for your compliments - Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so adorable! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon, you did an adorable job with these images, I love how you combine both of them on one card. You coloring on this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so sweet. I love the 2 stamps combined and that sentiment tag is perfect along with all your embellishments. I hate it when I start a card or image and get almost done then have to trash it because of my marker leaking or I just messed it up. I would have never guessed you had so much trouble with this as it looks as if you envisioned this result of the beginning.
    Great work.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card, Sharon. It looks great how you combined those two images together. And to add this tag is a wonderful idea.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete