Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Clean and Simple Christmas

Yes, you heard me, Christmas. :)
I should point out that I am not normally a remotely organised person and in fact I usually end up running around making my Christmas cards at the last minute. But... as soon as I saw the new Holly digi image from Rebecca Sinz, I couldn't help but think what a fabulous Christmas card it would make. So I went ahead and made one: :D

It's such a striking image (I love the way Rebecca draws faces, and her moody, gothic style) so I decided to keep the card itself quite clean and simple.  I coloured the image with my Promarkers...

... and trimmed it to a rectangular shape and then cut two more rectangles of the same size from white card and embossed them with a snowflake embossing folder. I attached the three panels to a sideways DL card blank using foam tape and then cut a title from red cardstock using my Cameo.
And that was my clean and simple - but striking - Christmas card. And at least come December this year, I'll have *one* card made in advance! :D
Ali xx

11 comments:

  1. What a totally striking work you have created Ali!! I absolutely love it.
    Your coloring skills are tops and that wordcut is so beautiful.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! What a fabulous design to showcase this image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wow! WOOOOW!!!!!!!!
    Breath taking eyes popping!!! lol
    So gorgeous. I LOVE this image.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, Ali!
    Love the CAS style, it makes the image even more eyecatching!

    Hugs, Randi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is gorgeous and I really like the composition of the card. The image, sentiment and texture are all set off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh!!! Beautiful!!! Your coloring is cool! Love the way you make the white parts. Beautiful clean card! Hugs Milo <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ali, she turned out stunning, love the highlights on the face. The haircoloring is GORGEOUS. Love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I think it's great to start on your Christmas cards NOW...whenever NOW is as Christmas is always approaching. That card is such a great idea, not only for Christmas, but in many other types of design. I hope to remember this clever idea and will credit you when I do. three panels with the girl in the first. BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card - love the panels and the image stands out so well on the white background

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card, Ali! Love the CAS style of it. Really eyecatching this gorgoeus coloured image on white embossed background. And how great to start already making Christmas card... you know, after Christmas is before Christmas :o)
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete