Friday, March 28, 2014

Tera's Steampunk Clara - altered cigar box

 Hallo,
   I have been in a steampunk mood lately and 'Clara' is a great image for that - she is by Charmaine Flannery and is available as a rubber stamp or a digital image.
  I colored her with Koh-I-Noor pencils and then coated her with a sepia clear coat and layered her to a metallic crackle paint layer.
  I used the same metallic crackle paint on the edges of the box too and then added flowers, old ribbon - the green one died with green walnut distress spray, gears, a cool little light bulb and finally some pretty brass corners.
    I used some old metallic colored drawer pulls for the feet on the box too :)
   I found some cool papers from Tim Holtz to cover the box with too - do you see the part behind Clara with the goggles on it - goes well her with her goggles I thought :)
   All for today - Take Care
         Tera



4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Great details!
    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty. I love all the details, and color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely creation. That image is just gorgeous. I love her orange hair. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Now it's box to treasure forever. Beautiful job on it.
    Nat

    ReplyDelete