Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Arrival of a new phone cover

Inspired by Olivias beautiful phone case, I decided to make my own as well. In the video I claim I used a Ching Chou Kuik image. That is not true. It is, in fact, Arrival of Spring by Conie Fong. I just love that image, cause it's so versatile. Would be beautiful in pastels, but this time I decided to use lots of warm reds and yellows. In the video below I go through how I made my phone cover.



I've been using my phone quite a lot, and it's really holding up quite well. I think the key to make it work, is to make sure everything has a good layer of a strong medium, like Mod Podge or Golden's Gel mediums.


Unfortunately I've lost the post-it note that said which Copics I used to color her in. I love the glitter I added. Since I used only a semi-gloss medium to cover up everything in the end, the glitter lost a little of its sparkle. But it's sealed in so well, and none of it rubs off.


The Arrival of spring stamp is available in the Sweet Pea Stamp store as digi and rubber image.

Thanks so much for stopping by today
-Lina

9 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I really need to make time to try this!!!! The only problem would be deciding which image to use!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh love the way your case came out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Wow... this is awesome Lina! I love this. I never knew that this was usefull with the stamps.. I have to try this out. Thank you so much for the inspiration! Big hugs, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!! that's totally awesome. So glad to hear it's holding up so well to. Let me add this--I saw a TON of those phone cases at a local discount store, super cheap...you could be making these as a wonderful gift for someone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea and looking so beautiful! Gorgeous coloring!
    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lina this is so pretty and love this idea, my phone case is so boring. Wonderful tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Lina and loving the tutorial to go with it. Stunning colouring hun :) :) :) Hugs Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, awesome, going to be trying this one. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful! So cool!!! Hugs Milo ♥

    ReplyDelete