Sunday, August 31, 2014

Gears and Glass

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the image Gears and Glass by Meredith Dillman.  I followed this month challenge theme for this creation of 'The Holiday's are Coming'.  As I keep saying I am not a lover of Christmas and I have to admit I don't like Halloween either, I guess it is because the kids have grown up and at the moment we live in different countries, the kids in the UK and hubby and I are in Saudi Arabia just now.  Anyway, back to my creation, during holiday festivities there are always lots of parties going on so my card is party based :) with the floral background representing leaves and flowers falling for Autumn and the lovely lady all dressed up in her finest attire for Halloween and Christmas parties.  Hope I get away with my off the wall thinking hahahaha.


To begin with I printed and coloured the image with Promarkers.  I then added clear embossing powder to her shoes and holographic embossing powder to her wings and the lights.  Trying something new, I distressed the edges with the Tim Holtz distressing tool - very odd to use but easy peasy.
Promarkers used
There is not much work in the embellishing of this card, just some lace and a border which I added text to before printing.  A couple of corner dies (Tattered Lace) and that was it.  However not an easy card in my book, the image took me about 2 hours to colour, so quick on the card, timely on the colouring :)

Ingredients
  • Image -  Gears and Glass by Meredith Dillman
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - Tattered Lace corners
  • Backing paper - Crafters Companion
  • Lace and buttons from my stash
Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a happy crafting day ahead of you :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment