Sunday, December 28, 2014

Fairy 11, Jane's view

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Fairy 11 by one of our new artists, Amy Brown which is available from the Sweet Pea Store as a rubber stamp.

 To begin with I thought I would try something new and printed the image onto design paper, a bit tricky getting it to print in the lightest part of the paper so as to make colouring easiest.  I decided to use Faber Castle Polychrosmos pencils to colour with which are oil base as I wanted a lighter level of colouring and they work wonderfully on all sorts of different paper types too.
Using the border edge on the paper I then backed my base card.  Some dark wine card was used for the scalloped mount.  Gold flower chain was added to one side of the border and I then cut three single sections and used these to embellish the image.  To finish off gold Liquid Pearls were placed in the scallops of the wine mount.  A very simple card and I did plan to add flowers but this card was a case of less is better I think.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - rubber stamp, Fairy 11 by Amy Brown (rubber stamp)
  • Flower paper but I can't remember the company it is from
  • Spellbinders Grand Ovals and Scalloped Ovals
  • Gold Liquid Pearls
  • Gold chain from my stash
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

2 comments:

  1. This is amazingly beautiful! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. The Amy Brown images are so magical!

    ReplyDelete